> What Was I Thinking

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

The Thong

Unfortunately or fortunately depending on your perspective, I am in the business where I get to see a lot of bottoms. A few weeks ago I arranged for my 15 year old daughter, Emily, to shadow a fellow co-worker of mine, Teena. Now granted, Teena works in a different setting than I do, but the take-home message for Emily was…and I quote, “I just saw way too many hind-ends today.” Teena works at our local hospital. And Emily may never work in the health care field ever… after her lovely experience. I think she suffered from too much gluteal exposure.

So…it got me to thinking…how many back-ends do I see in any given day? Five? Seven? I started to count…and then the bigger question was…how many thongs had I seen today. Anything over one is way too many. I am a woman… and I occasionally like to appear sexy, but Pleeeeeaze! Do you have to wear a thong to therapy? I do not want to move your little piece of dental floss around while I try to fix your painful condition. And I sure hope you’re not wearing it to impress me…Yuck! Save your thongs for Saturday nights and the second honeymoons. Give your healthcare provider some good old fashioned white undies. We appreciate it! Really!

2 comments:

Kim said...

EEEEEUUUUUUWWWWW! I think there is a rule about that - consevative whities ONLY when visiting your doctor, PT, massage therapist, etc.

DJ said...

With a chuckle, I am compelled to add: "amen." Although, it appears that in my profession the problem is not quite as pronounced as it is in yours. Your insite makes me wonder if I should go back and "update" my old post: "the Pediatric Physical Examination"

The old addage: "make sure you've got on clean underwear in case you get hurt and need to go to the doctor" needs some common sense updating.